The new Momentum S250 stereo amplifier receives a power upgrade, now delivering 250 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms. This is up from the original 200 Watt per channel specification. A 20% increase in transformer size, up to 1,800 VA, provides the engine for this output power increase. Connected to this larger power source is a new output stage design that includes a number of major enhancements.
The driver section underwent a major revision and now features a fully complementary signal path with individual transistors employed for the positive and negative halves of the musical signal. Current drive is nearly doubled which feeds a new output stage with an open loop gain increased by the same factor of two. The sound is more spacious, delicate, and dynamic.
The distinctive power meter from the Monoblock makes an encore appearance in the stereo amplifier, with a separate indicator needle for each channel. Like the Monoblock, the stereo amplifier uses through-hole construction and is hand-built and individually tested in D'Agostino's Arizona facility.
The Momentum S250 employs the same chassis as the original with a small aesthetic design change to the copper feature on the faceplate sides. Additionally, the meter now displays a scale appropriate for the greater power output.
Current Momentum stereo amplifiers can be upgraded to the Momentum S250 performance level. Included in the upgrade is the new 250-Watt meter plate and all electrical component upgrades.
- Finish: In silver or black, other finish on request
- Frequency response: 1 Hz to 200 kHz, -1 dB
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz, ± 0.1 dB
- Output power at 8 Ohm: 250 watts
- Output power at 4 Ohm: 500 watts
- Output power at 2 Ohm: 1,000 watts
- Distortion: 0.1% (at 250 watts into 8 ohm and 1 kHz)
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 105 dB, unweighted
- Gain: 24.5 dB
- Input impedance: 1 MOhm
- Output impedance: 0.12 ohm
- Power consumption in standby: < 1 watt
- Inputs: 1 pair balanced XLR