TIRALIT™ ULTRA CABINET
The cabinet of the TIDAL Akira is made out of TIDAL's proprietary cabinet material TIRALIT™. This cabinet material combines the rigidity of hard materials such as metal with the resonance absorbing behavior of softer materials such as wooden materials like MDF. While TIRADUR is 30 mm thick, TIRALIT goes even further and is 42 mm thick and combines more single layers. The materials itself, the process of making it and how the material reacts when it is getting excited by vibrations and resonances - all this we put into consideration when we designed it.
It is the only advanced cabinet material allowing to use organic surfaces such as our famous polished veneers, as well as true polyester piano lacquer. So when you see the Akira in our most beautiful veneers or our shiny black piano finish - don't make the mistake to think the cabinet is out of wooden materials or MDF.
The TIDAL Akira is using the same diamond tweeter technology as the big La Assoluta, it is a 1 carat pure diamond diaphragm tweeter with 30 mm diameter (1.2"). Not only it is the biggest diamond tweeter in the world, TIDAL also was the very first company to use a 30 mm diamond tweeter. The driver already offers already terrific qualities and is installed in a massive housing of polished stainless steel for optimized resonance control - only in combination with our unique TIDAL crossovers this driver can perform in way what we have become famous for.
As a side note, it may be interesting to know that this very same diamond tweeter technology is being used in one of the world’s most exclusive car, the Bugatti Chiron.
DIAMOND MIDRANGE WOOFER
TIDAL's exclusive 127 mm (5") midrange woofer is the result of the Accuton TIDAL cooperation for more than 14 years and is to find only in TIDAL speakers, Akira and La Assoluta. The diaphragm itself is made out of pure diamond. And with that we do not mean 'diamond coated'. No, we mean the real thing: 13 carat pure diamond thru and thru, the hardest material on earth. It works like an ideal piston, free of resonances and has the best heat-sinking capability of all materials as well. Therefore the huge voice coil is also perfectly cooled all the time and does not change its parameters.
First time ever and exclusive in TIDAL speakers one can use this material to reproduce way lower frequencies than ever before, since this driver has not only the biggest diamond diaphragm on earth, but also it can move 7 mm, so we are talking about a driver covering frequencies from 100 Hz and playing perfectly all the way up to the diamond tweeter. This driver not only is second to none in all its details and design, much more important: the result is.
Another specialty only to find in this speaker is the BCS woofer of the TIDAL Akira. The drivers were designed to play within the bass chamber with its big inner volume to play extremely deep, fast and without compression, at lowest and highest reproduction level. The diaphragm itself is made out of a 3D-shaped honey comb diaphragm and sealed with a high-density lacquer.
BCS PASSIVE RADIATOR
The TIDAL Akira is designed to play ultra-precise even at the deepest frequencies. Each Akira is equipped at the backside with five long excursion passive radiators to support the front firing woofers with a very deep and low distortion reproduction of bass frequencies without any kind of movement noise. With this special configuration we do excite the bass modes very evenly within the room from all together 16 sources (2x 3 front woofers and 2x 5 backside passive radiators), therefore the bass and deep bass reproduction as far less critical to the room like with other designs.
UNOPULSE PASSIVE CROSSOVER
Mounted in a hermetically shielded chamber: pure copper foil capacitors, coils of the same caliber, silver-carbon resistors - only the finest components with proven long time stability are used for our crossovers. Unfortunately, these components are also the most expensive ones and are custom-built for TIDAL. Whether any part must be that expensive is a meaningless question and, for one thing, not one that should arise from budgetary restraints. Only the final result is what counts to us and considerations of cost do not enter into the equation.
Like all TIDAL loudspeakers, the Akira has our unique pure silver binding posts. The complex construction is of a fibre-reinforced polymeric material that avoids any inductive electromagnetic field. As a conductor we use pure silver to guarantee the least resistance and no loss nor change of the incoming music signal.
The massive metal feel of the knobs comes from that it is hand polished and structured aluminum over an isolating part out of another polymer. The Akira is designed to be connected in single amp mode without compromise. The complex internal passive crossover takes care of anything else. As an option the Akira offers the possibility for electrical grounding.
The TIDAL Akira comes standard with 4 solid stainless steel isolation feet per speaker. Each of these feet is milled from a solid block of stainless steel and is available in two finishes: hand-polished with a special transparent coating that prevents any oxidation, or alternatively with a black, textured hard coating.
The sheer mass of all together 40 kg, including the aluminium bottom plate, underneath the speaker itself as a complete base itself does support the Akira with a rock-solid stand for an ultra-precise reproduction of even the most tender micro information of the music itself.
- multi chamber cabinet made out of TIDAL's proprietary cabinet material TIRALIT™ Ultra.
- 1x 30 mm (1.2") 1 carat pure diamond tweeter TAD-30-EX (an exclusive ACCUTON TIDAL project).
- 1x 127 mm (5") 13 carat pure diamond midrange woofer TAD-MW (an exclusive ACCUTON TIDAL project).
- 3x 190 mm (7.5") BCS long excursion woofer TAS-190W-EX (an exclusive ACCUTON TIDAL project), semi-point source crossover-control.
- 5x 190 mm (7.5") BCS long excursion passive radiator TAS-190PR-EX (an exclusive ACCUTON TIDAL project).
- TIDAL UNOPULSE passive crossover: TIDAL proprietary design to reproduce signals with an excellent step response and linear frequency response.
- passive crossover network with ultra-low tolerance components, exclusive use of costume tailored Duelund™ copper capacitors (silver/copper), metal film resistors, silver-carbon resistors, silver air core inductors, ultra-low resistance bass inductor.
- passive crossover is microphonic and hermetically isolated in a separated chamber, total weight of the passive crossover construction: 20 kg
- pure silver binding posts for perfect contact, isolated massive aluminium knobs on fiberglass isolation core.
- ground connection binding post
- special 5-part TIDAL stainless steel isolators
- 8x trigger bars out of massive stainless steel, 32 kg per speaker, high gloss hand-polished.
- serial cabinet finish: original TIDAL piano lacquer in midnight black
- optional cabinet finishes: finest hand selected veneers in TIDAL's original transparent piano lacquer.
- other finishes: on request
- free option: polished stainless steel side panel with AKIRA engraving
- the TIDAL Akira is being delivered in 2x ATA flight case for the safest transport
- nominal power handling: 400 / 800 VA
- nominal impedance: 4 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: > 30 watt, very easy impedance load, no impedance drops below 4 ohms.
- speaker dimensions (high x wide x deep): 140 cm x 29 cm x 55 cm
- dimensions with Vario feet (from ground to top): 148 cm high
- speaker weight without flight cases: 2x 158 kg
- shipping weight with flight cases (transport weight): 2x 182 kg
- shipping dimensions (high x wide x deep): 2x ATA flight transport case, 162 cm x 42 cm x 71 cm per each