The cabinet of the TIDAL La Assoluta is made out of TIDAL's proprietary cabinet material TIRALIT™. This cabinet material combines the rigidity of hard materials such as metal with the resonance absorbing behavior of softer materials such as wooden materials like MDF. While TIRADUR is 30 mm thick, TIRALIT goes even further and is 42 mm thick and combines more single layers. The materials itself, the process of making it and how the material reacts when it is getting excited by vibrations and resonances - all this we put into consideration when we designed it.
It is the only advanced cabinet material allowing to use organic surfaces such as our famous polished veneers, as well as true polyester piano lacquer. So when you see the La Assoluta in our most beautiful veneers or our shiny black piano finish - don't make the mistake to think the cabinet is out of wooden materials or MDF.
The TIDAL La Assoluta uses a diamond tweeter with a 1 carat pure diamond dome and 30 mm diameter (1.2"). Not only it is the biggest diamond tweeter in the world, TIDAL also was the very first company to use a 30 mm diamond tweeter. The driver already offers already terrific qualities and is installed in a massive housing of polished stainless steel for optimized resonance control - only in combination with our unique TIDAL crossovers this driver can perform in way what we have become famous for.
As a side note, it may be interesting to know that this very same diamond tweeter technology is being used in one of the world’s most exclusive car, the Bugatti Chiron.
TIDAL's exclusive 127 mm (5") midrange woofer is the result of the Accuton TIDAL cooperation for more than 14 years and is to find only in TIDAL speakers, La Assoluta and Akira. The diaphragm itself is made out of pure diamond. And with that we do not mean 'diamond coated'. No, we mean the real thing: 13 carat pure diamond thru and thru, the hardest material on earth. 26 carats per speaker, for a total of 52 carats per pair of pure diamond. It works like an ideal piston, free of resonances and has the best heat-sinking capability of all materials as well. Therefore the huge voice coil is also perfectly cooled all the time and does not change its parameters.
First time ever and exclusive in TIDAL speakers one can use this material to reproduce way lower frequencies than ever before, since this driver has not only the biggest diamond diaphragm on earth, but also it can move 7 mm, so we are talking about a driver covering frequencies from 100 Hz and playing perfectly all the way up to the diamond tweeter. This driver not only is second to none in all its details and design, much more important: the result is.
Another specialty only to find in this speaker is the BCS woofer of the TIDAL La Assoluta. The drivers were designed to play within the bass chamber with its big inner volume to play extremely deep, fast and without compression, at lowest and highest reproduction level. The diaphragm itself is made out of a 3D-shaped honey comb diaphragm and sealed with a high-density lacquer.
The TIDAL La Assoluta is designed to play ultra-precise even at the deepest frequencies. Each La Assoluta is equipped at the backside with four 250 mm diameter long excursion passive radiators to support the front firing woofers with a very deep and low distortion reproduction of bass frequencies without any kind of movement noise. With this special configuration we do excite the bass modes very evenly within the room from all together 16 sources (2x 4 front woofers and 2x 4 backside passive radiators), therefore the bass and deep bass reproduction as far less critical to the room like with other designs.
Here as well our polished stainless steel rings are not only our famous detail - and we cherish the details - it is designed to clamp the drivers absolutely tight into the TIRALIT cabinet.
Mounted in a hermetically shielded chamber: pure copper foil capacitors, coils of the same caliber, silver-carbon resistors - only the finest components with proven long time stability are used for our crossovers. Unfortunately, these components are also the most expensive ones and are custom-built for TIDAL. Whether any part must be that expensive is a meaningless question and, for one thing, not one that should arise from budgetary restraints. Only the final result is what counts to us and considerations of cost do not enter into the equation.
Like all TIDAL loudspeakers, the La Assoluta has our unique pure silver binding posts. The complex construction is of a fibre-reinforced polymeric material that avoids any inductive electromagnetic field. As a conductor we use pure silver to guarantee the least resistance and no loss nor change of the incoming music signal.
The massive metal feel of the knobs comes from that it is hand polished and structured aluminum over an isolating part out of another polymer. The La Assoluta is designed to be connected in single amp mode without compromise. The complex internal passive crossover takes care of anything else. As an option the La Assoluta offers the possibility for electrical grounding.
- 3-piece multi-chamber enclosure made of TIDAL's proprietary TIRALIT™ Ultra enclosure material with RF shielding.
- functional principle: 4-way floor standing loudspeaker, can be operated fully passive or partially active.
- 1x 30 mm (1.2") La Assoluta 1 carat pure diamond tweeter, high efficiency design with ultra-fast transient response, completely decoupled stainless steel mounting chamber, an exclusive ACCUTON TIDAL cooperation.
- 2x 127 mm (5") La Assoluta 13 carat pure diamond midrange woofer, unique construction for this project: long excursion high efficiency midrange woofer with ultra-low distortion ring-magnet design, CNC milled basket and backside clamp mechanism into the massive special alloy stainless steel front plate, low loss spyder design, direct diamond-to-titanium voice coil design for perfect heat sinking and zero flex in the voice coil former itself, an exclusive ACCUTON TIDAL cooperation.
- 2x 190 mm (7.5") La Assoluta BCS woofer, unique construction for this project: Long excursion high efficiency woofer with ultra-low distortion magnet design, CNC milled basket and backside clamp mechanism into the massive TIRALIT Ultra front baffle, an exclusive ACCUTON TIDAL cooperation.
- 2x 250 mm (10") La Assoluta BCS subwoofer, unique construction for this project: long excursion high efficiency subwoofer with ultralow distortion magnet design, CNC milled basket and backside clamp mechanism into the massive TIRALIT Ultra front baffle, an exclusive ACCUTON TIDAL cooperation.
- 4x 25 mm (10") La Assoluta BCS long excursion low loss passive radiators, an exclusive ACCUTON TIDAL cooperation.
- Assoluta UNOPULSE crossover for unique point source behaviour and off axis performance.
- silver crossover, silver binding posts, grounding option
- extraordinary low level and high-level response without compression effects
- prepared for complete system integration into the 4-tower design for the "TIDAL Assoluta Music System": The La Assoluta can be extended with active powered Assoluta Sub-Bass towers.
- amplifier power: 20 watts to > 1,000 watts power handling capacity
- efficiency: 96 dB
- frequency response: 8 Hz to 200 kHz, +/- 0.5 dB (Theoretically and considering an active operation and under optimal room conditions).
- standard cabinet finish: Original TIDAL piano lacquer in Midnight Black.
- optional cabinet finish: Finest hand-selected veneers in TIDAL's original transparent piano lacquer.
- other finishes: on request
- speaker dimensions (height x width x depth): 232 cm x 38 cm x 65 cm
- loudspeaker weight without packaging: 2x 485 kg