The cabinet of the TIDAL Piano is made out of TIDAL's proprietary cabinet material TIRADUR. This cabinet material does combine the rigidity of hard materials such as metal with the resonance absorbing behaviour of softer materials such as wooden materials like MDF.
It is the only advanced cabinet material allowing to use organic surfaces such as our famous polished veneers, as well as true polyester piano lacquer. So when you see the Piano in the most beautiful pyramided mahogany, ebony Macassar or our shiny black piano finish - don't make the mistake to think the cabinet is out of wooden materials or MDF. And yes, this is why such a modest sized speaker weighs a whopping 65 Kg.
The Piano uses the very same Accuton 30mm pure diamond diaphragm tweeter like from our top models. Not only it is the biggest diamond tweeter in the world, TIDAL also was the very first company at all using a 30mm diamond tweeter. While the driver itself offers already terrific qualities and is being installed in a massive housing out of polished stainless steel for optimized resonance control - only in combination with our unique TIDAL crossovers this driver can perform in way what we have become famous for.
Maybe interesting to know on a side note: this very same diamond tweeter technology is being used also in the world’s most exclusive car, the Bugatti Chiron.
TIDAL's exclusive BCC driver technology is the result of the Accuton TIDAL cooperation for more than a decade and are to find only in TIDAL speakers. The diaphragm itself is a special coated black ceramic diaphragm and uses a long excursion motor design perfectly designed for the two identical driver chambers.
Embedded in a special shaped ring out of hand polished massive stainless steel to avoid reflections from the protection grill. Needless to say, that this driver does guarantee absolutely no compromise for the performance and reliability.
Like all TIDAL loudspeakers the Piano has our unique pure silver binding posts. The complex construction out of a fibre-reinforced polymeric material avoids any inductive electromagnetic field and as conductor we use pure silver to guarantee the littlest resistance and no loss nor change of the incoming music signal.
The massive metal feel of the knobs itself is coming from that it is hand polished and structured aluminium over an isolating part out of another polymer. The Piano does allow the adjustment to play in small, medium or bigger rooms. It is extremely flexible to adjust and allows to run it in situations where the choice is usually a 2-way monitor, to avoid over powering the room. Furthermore, one can adjust the filter curve of the tweeter as well.
Mounted in a hermetically shielded chamber: pure copper foil capacitors, coils of the same caliber, silver-carbon resistors - only the finest components with proven long time stability are used for our crossovers. Unfortunately, these components are also the most expensive ones and are custom-built for TIDAL. Whether any part must be that expensive is a meaningless question and, for one thing, not one that should arise from budgetary restraints. Only the final result is what counts to us and considerations of cost do not enter into the equation.
Our guiding principle is to present our customers with the highest possible degree of reality in musical rendition. Anything less is already amply available but does not meet TIDAL's demands. That is why literally every component is scrutinous evaluated and selected on the understanding that it has be the one without alternative for its specific purpose. So for example even our smallest speaker is equipped with massive DUELUND copper capacitors.
The TIDAL Piano comes with 4 massive stainless steel isolation feet per speaker. Each of it is milled out of a massive block of stainless steel and is hand polished to perfection. Just slide the picture at the right side to see: one could mount the speakers in a parallel or sloped position. Needless to say, that even these parts are also 100% handmade here in Germany.
- multi chamber cabinet made out of TIDAL's proprietary cabinet material TIRADUR.
- 1x 30 mm (1.2") diamond tweeter TAD-30 (an exclusive ACCUTON TIDAL cooperation).
- 2x 173 mm (7") BCC midrange woofer with low distortion long excursion motor design TAC-170MW (an exclusive Accuton TIDAL cooperation).
- passive crossover network with ultra-low tolerance components, exclusive use of costume tailored Duelund pure copper capacitors, metal film resistors, silver-carbon resistors, air core inductors, ultra-low resistance bass inductor.
- passive crossover is microphonic and hermetically isolated in a separated chamber
- total weight of the passive crossover construction itself: 13 kg
- adjustable tweeter curve (hard room reflections / soft room reflections)
- excellent low-level listening reproduction
- pure silver TIDAL binding posts for perfect contact
- TIDAL Vario terminal for three different setups: pure 2-way (for very small rooms), linear 2.5-way (for medium sized rooms), gained 2.5-way (for bigger rooms or more bass in medium sized rooms).
- special 5-part TIDAL stainless steel isolators
- 8x trigger bars out of massive stainless steel, high gloss polished, the position of the Vario feet can be mounted in parallel or sloped back, both on the frontside and/or backside.
- cabinet finish: original TIDAL piano lacquer in midnight black
- cabinet finish: finest hand selected veneers in TIDAL's original transparent piano lacquer.
- the TIDAL Piano is being delivered in 2x ATA flight case for the safest transport, including all accessories inside.
- nominal power handling: 150 / 300 VA
- nominal impedance: 4 ohms
- recommended power amplifier: > 30 watt, very easy impedance load, no impedance drops below 4 ohms.
- speaker dimensions (high x wide x deep): 116 cm x 24.5 cm x 36.5 cm
- dimensions with Vario feet (from ground to top): 121 cm high
- speaker weight without packaging: 2x 65 kg
- shipping weight with packaging: 2x 101 kg
- shipping dimensions (high x wide x deep): 2x ATA flight transport case,134 cm x 39 cm x 51 cm per each