The cabinet of the TIDAL Sunray is made out of TIDAL's proprietary cabinet material TIRALIT. This cabinet material does combine the rigidity of hard materials such as metal with the resonance absorbing behavior of softer materials such as wooden materials like MDF. While TIRADUR is 30 mm thick, TIRALIT goes even further and is 42 mm thick and combines more single layers. The materials itself, the process of making it and how the material reacts when it is getting excited by vibrations and resonances - all this we putted into consideration when we designed it.
It is the only advanced cabinet material allowing to use organic surfaces such as our famous polished veneers, as well as true polyester piano lacquer. So when you see the Sunray in our most beautiful veneers or our shiny black piano finish - don't make the mistake to think the cabinet is out of wooden materials or MDF.
The TIDAL Sunray has an Accuton 30 mm pure diamond diaphragm tweeter. Not only it is the biggest diamond tweeter in the world, TIDAL also was the very first company at all using a 30 mm diamond tweeter. While the driver itself offers already terrific qualities and is being installed in a massive housing out of polished stainless steel for optimized resonance control - only in combination with our unique TIDAL crossovers this driver can perform in way what we have become famous for.
TIDAL's exclusive BCC driver technology is the result of the Accuton TIDAL cooperation for more than a decade and are to find only in TIDAL speakers. The diaphragm itself is a special coated black ceramic diaphragm and uses a "short coil / long gap" neodymium motor perfectly designed for the hermetically sealed and asymmetrical designed midrange chambers of the Sunray.
Embedded in a special shaped ring out of hand polished massive stainless steel to avoid reflections form the protection grill, needless to say that this driver does guarantee absolutely no compromise for the performance and reliability.
Also the woofers in the TIDAL Sunray are the exclusive BCC drivers and are to find only in this very particular TIDAL speaker. The drivers were designed to play within the vented bass chamber with its big inner volume to play extremely deep, fast and without compression, at lowest and highest reproduction level.
The motor allows a very long and linear excursion of the both sides coated black ceramic diaphragm, the hardest and yet lightest diaphragm technology in this size on earth yet.
The TIDAL Sunray is designed to be adapted for the deep bass response with our unique Variobass technology, both passive or active to play perfect at any room. The unique passive radiators are mounted in impulse compensated configuration and support a very deep and low distortion reproduction of bass frequencies without any noise. We excite the bass modes very even within the room with all together 10 sources (4 subwoofers, 6 passive radiators), therefore the beast reproduction as far less critical like with other designs.
Here as well our polished stainless steel rings are not only our famous detail and does reflect our love to details, it is designed to clamp the drivers absolutely tight in to the TIRALIT cabinet.
Mounted in a hermetically shielded chamber: pure copper foil capacitors, coils of the same calibre, silver-carbon resistors - only the finest components with proven long time stability are used for our crossovers. Unfortunately, these components are also the most expensive ones and are custom-built for TIDAL. Whether any part must be that expensive is a meaningless question and, for one thing, not one that should arise from budgetary restraints. Only the final result is what counts to us and considerations of cost do not enter into the equation.
The Sunray has a multiple adjustment Vario terminal. One can influence the bass and deep bass reproduction to almost every room in a so far unknown manner. More or less upper bass? More or less deep bass? More or less bass level? All is easy to do already in a complete passive mode. And talking about bass adjustment: the 4 sub-bass radiators can be tuned with several weights for best performance in the room as well.
The tweeter curve can be adjusted to hard, medium, soft or no reflections. Also the bass cross-over, as good as it is, can be all bypassed to drive it with our exclusive TIDAL LPX technology for practically endless flexibility and control then the subwoofers directly with the power amplifier.
The Sunray does come serial with 4 massive aluminium isolation feet per speaker. Each of it is milled out of a massive block of aluminium and available in two versions: hand polished silver and covered with a special coating avoiding any kind of oxidation or with a black structured hard coating.
Needless to say, that these massive metal parts are 100% made in Germany.
- multi chamber cabinet made out of TIDAL's proprietary cabinet material TIRALIT™
- separated self-adjusting modules for high-midrange and bass: 1x TIDAL ND-RMD high-midrange modules, 2x TIDAL NV-bass modules, cabinet walls up to 5" thick, optimized internal airflow.
- step response controlled point-source bass reproduction: the bass is being reproduced around the high-midrange source. harmonic excitation of room-modes for a very even and symmetrical first reflexion in the room, therefore very uncritical to place even in smaller rooms.
- quasi infinite front baffle by 'pneumatic-airwall', phase shift controlled submodules, phase controlled cabinet correction for real recording reproductions without "blowing it up" to unreal dimensions.
- 1x 30 mm (1.2") diamond tweeter (an exclusive Accuton TIDAL cooperation)
- 2x 173 mm (7") BCC midrange woofer with low distortion motor (an exclusive Accuton TIDAL cooperation).
- 4x 222 mm (9") BCC long excursion woofer (an exclusive Accuton TIDAL cooperation).
- unique AEROTUNE system and VARIOGAIN, 2-times adjustable, makes it very flexible and uncritical in room placement.
- passive crossover network with ultra-low tolerance components, exclusive use of costume tailored Duelund™ copper capacitors, metal film resistors, silver-carbon resistors, air core inductors, ultra-low resistance bass inductor.
- passive crossover is microphonic and hermetically isolated in a separated chamber
- total weight of the passive crossover construction: 25 kg
- adjustable diamond-tweeter curve (hard room reflections / soft room reflections)
- pure silver binding posts for perfect contact, isolated massive aluminium knobs on fiberglass isolation core, adjustable bi-wiring / passive bi-amping / active bi-amping double-terminal.
- special 5-part TIDAL stainless steel isolators
- 8x trigger bars out of massive stainless steel, 32 kg per speaker, high gloss hand-polished.
- serial cabinet finish: original TIDAL piano lacquer in midnight black
- optional cabinet finishes: the world’s finest hand selected veneers in TIDAL's original transparent piano lacquer.
- other finishes: on request
- the TIDAL Sunray G2 is being delivered in 2x ATA flight case for the safest transport.
- nominal power handling: 200 / > 500 VA
- nominal impedance: 4 ohms
- recommended power amplifier: > 20 watt, very easy impedance load also for tube amplifier.
- to use the whole enormous dynamic range of it and listening complex music also from time to time very loud we recommend > 200 watts at 4 ohms.
- speaker dimensions (high x wide x deep): 199 cm x 34 cm x 60 cm
- dimensions with Vario feet (from ground to top): 206 cm high
- speaker weight without packaging: 2x 322 kg
- shipping weight with packaging: 2x 380 kg
- shipping dimensions (high x wide x deep): 2x ATA flight transport case, 225 cm x 80 cm x 100 cm per each