Amea or Amea D?
You have the choice: The Amea comes with a 30 mm ceramic tweeter or optional with a 30 mm diamond tweeter. With our unique VIMBERG crossover technology the ceramic tweeter offers a clarity and openness in the high frequency level rarely heard. And for those who want to have the reference choice we do offer the even more exquisite 30 mm pure diamond tweeter option - and call it Amea D.
The Amea is being equipped with a 173 mm Accuton ceramic midrange woofer. Despite of its very hard and light diaphragm we managed to integrate this driver without any kind resonances at all and blend it perfectly into the tweeter and the passive radiator. Like no other.
Aluminium sandwich passive woofer
An Accuton passive radiator with a diameter of 220 mm is used on the back of the Amea. Thus, the Amea as a 2-way system achieves a very low cut off frequency and an outstandingly clean low-mid sound without the noise of ventilated systems.
The architecture of perfect sound.
The VIMBERG Amea crossover is second to none in design and effort. Not only the parts and execution quality are exceptional, more important the topology was designed specifically for these drivers in this very construction. All this does correspond into superb off axis performance, an ultra linear frequency response and incredible timing. Also, the drivers are perfectly blended into each other without having any kind of resonance left. And the real kicker: we do manage all this avoiding impedance drops and low efficiency. Like no other.
Best from both worlds.
The whole high-midrange unit of the VIMBERG Amea are being installed into an aluminium front plate with internal aluminium mountings. While being as material for a speaker cabinet a compromised choice since its resonance behaviour, in this case aluminium reinforces the construction of the Amea. In combination with the resonance absorbing waterproof HDF fibre laminate the unit gives extremely tight hold to the drivers for utmost precision.
Best signals are welcome.
Each VIMBERG loudspeaker is using original Argento binding posts. Being moulded out of a fibre reinforced polymer it avoids any kind of magnetically interference with the conductor itself. Internally, each VIMBERG loudspeaker is connected with high quality Mogami high-end coaxial cables and best silver solder.
Velvetec™ colour options
Colour up your life…
...and not the sound. Velvetec™ is a unique silky-mart, both light absorbing and reflecting ceramic particle lacquer. Velvetec™ is non-fading in colour nor will it not bleach over time or starting to get yellowish, especially in white. It's also not delicate to finger prints. Available in summit white and jet black, and as limited edition in Sonoma orange and amethyst Velvetec™ itself makes it the perfect choice for both contemporary and classic interior designs. Other colours can be done on request, currently we build special orders in slate grey, lime green and seawater blue just to name a few.
- 2-way full-range loudspeaker
- VIMBERG™ MRD-cabinet with decoupled aluminium high-midrange mounting plate
- 1x 30 mm Accuton™ Cell ceramic tweeter
- 1x 173 mm Accuton™ ceramic midrange woofer
- 1x 220 mm Accuton™ passive radiator
- optional: 30 mm Accuton™ Cell diamond tweeter (Amea D), also upgradeable anytime later.
- high-end Mogami™ speaker cable wiring inside, Argento™ pure silver binding posts
- high-end crossover with VIMBERG™ Monopulse technology: linear frequency response with optimized impulse response.
- exclusive use of Mundorf™ and Duelund™ components
- exclusive VIMBERG™ real piano lacquer: summit white or jet black
- exclusive VIMBERG™ VELVETEC: summit white, jet black, slate grey, sonoma orange, amethyst and other colours on request.
- nominal impedance: 5 ohms (lowest point: 5.2 ohm at 100 Hz)
- efficiency: 86 dB (at 2.83V, 1m and 1kHz)
- speaker dimensions (high x wide x deep): 50.4 cm x 23 cm x 39 cm
- speaker dimensions whit stands (high x wide x deep): 127 cm x 30 cm x 39 cm
- weight without packaging: 2x 20 kg
- weight with packaging: 1x 45 kg
- shipment dimensions (high x wide x deep): 62 cm x 71 cm x 51 cm