Tonda or Tonda D?
You have the choice: the Mino comes with a 30 mm ceramic tweeter or optional with a 30 mm diamond tweeter. With our unique VIMBERG crossover technology the ceramic tweeter offers a clarity and openness in the high frequency level rarely heard. And for those who want to have the reference choice we do offer the even more exquisite 30 mm pure diamond tweeter option - and call it Tonda D.
The Mino is being equipped with a 90 mm Accuton ceramic midrange woofer. Despite of its very hard and light diaphragm we managed to integrate this driver without any kind resonances at all and blend it perfectly into the tweeter and the woofers. Like no other.
Aluminium sandwich passive woofer
As woofers we do use three 168 mm Accuton woofers with 3D shaped honeycomb sandwich diaphragm made out of aluminium. These woofers do run in a perfectly calculated volume of air volume inside the Mino cabinet to reproduce an extreme fast and deep bass. Like no other.
The architecture of perfect sound.
The VIMBERG Mino crossover is second to none in design and effort. Not only the parts and execution quality are exceptional, more important the topology was designed specifically for these drivers in this very construction. All this does correspond into superb off axis performance, an ultra linear frequency response and incredible timing. Also, the drivers are perfectly blended into each other without having any kind of resonance left. And the real kicker: we do manage all this avoiding impedance drops and low efficiency. Like no other.
Best from both worlds.
The whole high-midrange unit and all woofers of the VIMBERG Mino are being installed into an aluminium front plate and internal aluminium mountings. While being as material for a speaker cabinet a compromised choice since its resonance behaviour, in this case aluminium reinforces the construction of the Mino. In combination with the resonance absorbing waterproof HDF fibre laminate the unit gives extremely tight hold to the drivers for utmost precision.
Stability & Isolation
The VIMBERG Mino comes with a massive footer, which we do mill out of one block aluminum, a complex shape with many different angles. This stand then is connected to a 5-part isolation device with a Teflon-glider inlay to have the very best isolation and height adjustment to different grounds such as hardwood floors, tiles or even carpet.
Best signals are welcome.
Each VIMBERG loudspeaker is using original Argento binding posts. Being moulded out of a fibre reinforced polymer it avoids any kind of magnetically interference with the conductor itself. Internally each VIMBERG speaker is being wired with a true high-end coaxial cable.
Colour up your life…
...and not the sound. Velvetec™ is a unique silky-mart, both light absorbing and reflecting ceramic particle lacquer. Velvetec™ is non-fading in colour nor will it not bleach over time or starting to get yellowish, especially in white. It's also not delicate to finger prints. Available in summit white and jet black, and as limited edition in Sonoma orange and amethyst Velvetec™ itself makes it the perfect choice for both contemporary and classic interior designs. Other colours can be done on request, currently we build special orders in slate grey, lime green and seawater blue just to name a few.
- 3-way full-range loudspeaker
- VIMBERG™ MRD-cabinet made out of waterproof high-density fibre laminate and reinforcing aluminium elements for all drivers.
- 1x 30 mm Accuton™ Cell ceramic tweeter
- 1x 168 mm Accuton™ Cell ceramic midrange woofer
- 3x 190 mm Accuton™ Cell woofer, long excursion design with 3D shaped honeycomb sandwich diaphragm.
- optional: 30 mm Accuton™ Cell diamond tweeter (Tonda D), also upgradeable anytime later.
- high-end Mogami™ speaker cable wiring inside, Argento™ pure silver binding posts.
- high-end crossover with VIMBERG™ Monopulse technology: linear frequency response with optimized impulse response.
- exclusive use of Mundorf™ and Duelund™ components
- dual-tune bass reflex port design for lowest port noise and selectable F3
- decoupling height adjustable isolation gliders and 3D-shaped installation triggers for optimized setup and placement to every floor.
- nominal impedance: 4 ohms (lowest point: 3.4 ohm at 100 Hz)
- efficiency: 90 dB (at 2.83V, 1m and 1kHz)
- exclusive VIMBERG™ real piano lacquer: summit white or jet black
- exclusive VIMBERG™ VELVETEC: summit white, jet black, slate grey, sonoma orange, amethyst and other colours on request.
- speaker dimensions (high x wide x deep): 144 cm x 28 cm x 51.2 cm
- weight without packaging: 2x 96 kg
- weight with packaging: 2x 110 kg
- weight with optional ATA flight case: 2x 142 kg
- shipment dimensions (high x wide x deep): 170 cm x 40 cm x 64 cm